Another milestone - first two Elders Ordained in Nepal
By David Khew, Asst. Director,
After 12 years of journeying in
Leading up to the meeting were a number of important achievements:
1) The organisation of four churches and five preaching points with a total congregation of 248 baptised members and 160 believers.
2) The formation of Committees for Finance, Christian Education and Worship & Liturgy.
3) The introduction of a “Wesley Mighty” Club in several churches as part of the children’s ministry.
4) The compilation of church membership and baptism records.
5) The development of Discipleship training.
6) The consolidation of the Student Sponsorship Scheme.
7) The publication of a Methodist Hymnal in Nepali.
8) The translation of the Provisional Book of Discipline into Nepali
9) The creation of the Church Conference Fund towards self-support.
The Annual Meeting and the Ordination Service on October 5th 2010 was presided over by the
Conducted at the Patan Koinonia Kristiya Church, with 150 invited guests representing families and members of the Methodist churches and preaching points and observers from Nepali Methodist Churches connected with the United Methodist Church, Korean Methodist Church, other foreign mission agencies and Bible schools.
In his exhortation, Bishop Solomon urged the Elders, Deacons and Preachers to expand their ministries in
During the afternoon session,
Noting the leadership and passion of these ministers, he looked forward to the organisation of a Mission Conference in the next few years.
Rev Gopal Khanal, coordinator of the Caleb Bible Institute and PIC of the