THE Centre for Development of
Christian Ministry, Trinity Theological College, is organising
a seminar on "Coping with Loss and Grief". It will be
held at Fairfield Methodist Church, Main Sanctuary (Level 2) on
March 6, 2004 from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
The speaker is Mr Anthony Yeo, Clinical Director of the Counselling and Care Centre.
The seminar will discuss these issues:
1) How does one cope with the different losses in life such as:
* Loss of loved ones due to terminal illness?
* Sudden and tragic death?
* Loss of a parent?
* Loss of a young child/still-born infant?
2) The Grieving Process:
* How does one go through the grieving process and will mourning ever cease?
* Preparing people for grief situation - what to say, what to do at a time of loss.
3) Finding hope again in life.
Mr Yeo has been a psychotherapist, marriage and family therapist since 1972. He served as President of the Association of Psychological and Education Counsellors for Asia (APECA) and is the founding President of the Association for Marital and Family Therapy, Singapore.
He is also a part-time lecturer at Trinity Theological College where he lectures on Pastoral Care and Counselling and Family and Marriage.
He has written several books including Counselling - A Problem-Solving Approach, In the Shadow of Death, If Tomorrow Never Comes and When Mourning Breaks.
The fee is $25 (inclusive of light refreshments). For registered Friends of TTC, the fee is $20. To register, please call Ms Ho Poh Geok at 6761-3645 or email: email@example.com