1. Joseph was told by an angel of the Lord in a _ _ _ _ _ not to be _ _ _ _ _ _ to take Mary home as his wife.
2. The _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _was carried by his four friends to be healed by Jesus.
3. Pontius Pilate was the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of Judea in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar.
4. Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman in a town called Sychar by _ _ _ _ _ ’s well.
5. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
6. Jesus described John as a _ _ _ _ that burned and gave light.
7. The book of Proverbs describes the tongue that brings healing as a tree of _ _ _ _.
8. Jesus Christ is the image of the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ God, the firstborn over all creation.
9. The unfading beauty of a gentle and _ _ _ _ _ spirit is of great worth in God’s sight.
10. A thousand years in God’s sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a _ _ _ _ _ in the night.
Name: _______________________________________ Age: _____
Tel: (Residence) __________________________________________
The Bible Quiz is open to those 21 years and under.
The first two all-correct entries opened will win a $20 voucher each from
KYDZ LLP. The names of the winners and the answers to Bible Quiz
No. 136 will be published in the next issue of Methodist Message.
Entries close on January10, 2011. Send in your entries now!
ANSWERS TO BQUIZ 135: 1.flawless; 2. enemies; 3. baptised; 4. servant;
5. root, evil; 6. friend; 7. Antioch; 8. sinning; 9. marriage; 10. Philip
The two winners of last month’s Bible Quiz No. 135 are Augustine Chia and Joshua Yeo Boon Hui.